101 Tips To Improve Your Business – Tips 16 to 20
101 Tips continued:
16. The more people you you hire, the greater the potential headaches, yet the greater the potential gain. Balance your objectives – No Pain, No Gain is the cliche! However, if you put in place good systems you should be able to train up staff to be productive in your business without too many headaches.
17. Employ positive people – this goes without saying.
18. Avoid negative people – ditto the last tip. At all cost avoid hanging around negative people, they just suck the life-blood out of you, and you will find it hard to be creative in your own business.
19. Respect your employees. Value their work and praise them when they do a good job – this is really important, we all need to recognise positive results with positive reinforcement.
20. Never assume you are right. Before you criticise ask for the facts. It’s amazing how often you will be wrong in assuming the worse of people rather than the best– my brother-in-law often says, “It is better to be nice, than right!” In other words, you don’t have to have the last say or always have to correct people or always have to be right, rather, just be agreeable and you will get on just fine. Also, get the facts first before tearing someone apart!
What are your thoughts? Can you add any good ideas to the tips? If so, please leave a comment.